Saturday, March 20, 2010

Monster Carseat Pillow

I love the blog Make it and Love it ! She has the most adorable tutorials and very practical projects for the average Momma. I followed her tutorial for a carseat pillow because A.R's poor head and neck look so uncomfortable when she falls asleep in her carseat. We tried a store bought carseat pillow years ago but the behind the head portion was so thick it just pushed her head forward more in the seat. I made my own pattern trying to follow her dimensions, but had to tweak it here and there to get it to work just right. A great tip for you when making your own pattern pieces: draw them out on file folders (they're cheap and much easier to trace around on fabric than delicate paper patterns) so here is my pattern drawn out on the file folder and the finished carseat pillow
I had to include close-ups of the flannel monster fabric I got at Joanne's for only $2.50/yd. I am so in love with it and bought extra to make a couple throw pillows for J.D's room. I covered each side of the pillow with different material b/c I couldn't decide on just one of them!
A.R loves her new monster pillow and we both decided when J.D moves into a big boy carseat I will make him his very own monster pillow too!
 Happy Crafting!

1 comment: