I met one of the mom's from Alyssa's preschool class, and well I like to think we kinda hit it off. We're both in the same stage of life, (in case you're wondering, that would be the stage of life where you're on the verge of insanity due to crazy schedules and 2 active children). It turns out she's quite the tech savvy chica and a rockstar blogger to boot! Her blog Life Without Pink chronicals her life in a house filled with boys. She's doing this awesome project right now, project marriage, where she's asking readers to send in their stories of how they met their mate. Well since June is my anniversary month, and I'm ever so thankful for my hubby, I decided to do it and enclose the link so that you can too!
So here goes...
Before I met my husband, I will admit I liked to date around. a lot. In fact I had a one date rule in college, I would say yes to anyone who asked me out on a date, even if I doubted we would hit it off (I'm a firm believer in you can't judge a book by their cover). I was not looking to get into a serious relationship, I was just having fun getting to know different people.
Flash forward a few months, my roomate and I stopped at Taco Bell to grab a bite to eat (I know, I know, yuck right?! But to be honest it was college, and we were flat broke). We ran into two guys that my roomate knew, one whom we affectionately called "Blinky Eyed Dave" because of his stunningly long eye lashes. So we decided to grab a booth and eat with them. Dave proceeded to invite us to check out his new apartment, since he was uber cool and living off campus that semester we agreed we would. We stopped by campus first to pick up a guy friend whom I was interested in at the time, "Kicker Dave/ Red Head Dave" (In our defense, there were a lot of Dave's and we needed a system to decipher between them). Now, according to Dave, this first invitation to his apartment was supposed to clue me in to the fact that he was interested in me, so my impending arrival was somewhat squelched by my new traveling companion (how's a girl to figure that one out, right?!)
Dave's apartment quickly became the new cool hang out and we were over there pretty often. He eventually asked me out on a date, and when I got in his car to go to the restaurant where we were meeting up with friends, he had a Frank Sinatra CD in. This is going to sound pretty cheesy, but at that moment I knew he would forever be my guy. Most guys that age would want to impress the girl by playing something ultra macho, or hip you know to send the signals that he was by de facto ultra macho and or hip. But here was this sweet guy with beautiful eyes singing along to Frank. It brought back memories of me and my brother jiving along to Dean Martin playing on our parent's record player. (I know I'm not that old, but inside I really am that old).
The rest in history, or at least another post down the road...
We aren't the romantic, emotional, drama filled kind of people. He's my best friend, we watch Will Ferril and comic book based movies together. He lets me use his power drill when we are building something, even though he knows he could do it faster, and better. For our anniversary this year we are going to an Amusement Park (without the kids). We might be a little quirky, we may act more like buddies than husband and wife, but its what works for us ;)

Lindsay you didn't tell me you blogged??? LOL Thank you for sharing your story. First the photo you guys is stunning and love how you met especially that you still now how to have fun! Ok we gotta set a pool play date soon :)
ReplyDeleteIt's the buddy factor that pulls me and mine through the tough stuff...thank you for sharing your story.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful story! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete