What a crazy fast fall this has turned out to be. I'm not sure where these months have gone. I suppose this is why we start celebrating Christmas in October, if we waited until after thanksgiving it would feel like the christmas season lasts only a few weeks (oh... I guess it does) well there's no fun in that is there?!
We will be spending thanksgiving at my mom and dad's house this year. I tried a really yummy dinner roll recipe with cinnamon butter - sooo yummy. I also am bringing some home-canned gherkin pickles and apple butter. I made the sweet potatoe casserole (always a hit...thanks to my MIL :) ) I'm hoping that today is less about all the yummy food though and more about what we really have to be thankful for. I think it's hard sometimes to be thankful for tangible things because on some level we feel like we have earned them through hard work and ambition. But, I was reminded last sunday that it is only by God's grace that we are allowed the very life that leads to our "success". So, while it is easy for me to be thankful for God's eternal gifts for me I will be trying to gain more perspective on how to be grateful to God for the tangible blessings and not just for the fact that we have what so many others do not.
Happy, Happy, Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment