Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hooray for Ice Skating and Leather!

Okay so the title of this post may have really thrown you for a loop...unless of course you're figure skater Johnny Weir. But, for the sake of this post we're going to separate the two :)
We signed A.R. up for ice skating lessons this yr. She is only 3, but we decided the younger she learns the better she'll get. Plus, she is in desperate need of a structured learning environment so we thought some type of lessons would do her good. She's doing really well, and has only had two lessons so far. So I had to share this sweet photo of her on the ice all by herself!
Ok....so now to the crafting aspect of this post :)
My crafting budget is $0.00 except once in awhile when I can sneak some craft supplies from walmart in with the groceries (shhh!) So I have to rely mostly on other people's unwanted stuff, which is just fine with me. My mother just gave me an old black leather coat of hers...I've never worked with leather and I have to admit I'm a little intimidated.
Cathe Holden over at http://justsomthingimade.blogspot.com/ has worked with leather though, and she has made some incredible things with it. Here is a picture of a leather, monogrammed Ipod holder she made...I'm seriously considering giving this project a try (if I can gather the courage to cut apart this jacket)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment